Is A NeoGraft Hair Transplant In Your Future?
- Posted on: Jan 30 2016
When you feel less-than-desirable or unattractive, your personal and professional relationships suffer. You want to be “on your game,” confidently facing whatever your career or personal relationships have in store, but thinning hair may be making that difficult. You may have taken a thick, full head of hair for granted when you were younger, but getting older brings challenges and changes which sometimes result in thinning hair.
Approximately 40 million men and 21 million women suffer from pattern baldness or thinning hair and the number of worldwide hair restoration procedures have increased by 76% from 2006 to 2014. Hair transplantation surgery was first used in the 1950’s but a lot has changed since then. Dr. Thompson is trained in the NeoGraft system – the most advanced technique in the industry and the only FDA cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system.
• The NeoGraft system uses vacuum-like suction to extract and implant the hair follicles. It is quick and efficient because the grafts are suctioned not cut, giving them a 98% survival rate.
• The NeoGraft system restores thick, full hair with less recovery time than the traditional strip method. There is no linear scar; no staples or sutures.
• Dr. Thompson performs the procedure in our surgical room under local anesthesia and a mild medication to aid in the patient’s relaxation and comfort.
• The scalp is cleaned and prepared, the anesthetic injected and Dr. Thompson goes to work, using the NeoGraft system to extract follicular units from a dense area in the back of the patient’s head.
• Dr. Thompson is precise, consistent and aesthetic in his placement technique.
• The new hair growth begins in three to four months, but prior to that, the new grafts commonly fall out. This is expected and is part of the grafting process.
• Fully mature hair growth can be expected in approximately one year.
• Results are permanent and women are perfect candidates for this procedure, as well.
A NeoGraft procedure can restore the appearance of a fuller head of hair and jump-start your self-confidence as the new year commences. Call for a consultation appointment to find out if a NeoGraft procedure is for you: (801) 776-2220.
Posted in: Hair Restoration